Monday, November 7, 2011

Writing Exercises #1


Okay, so here is the first writing exercise!

---

"Pick then people you know and write a one-sentence description for each of them."

He is quite small for such a powerful man, and is the only one who can push me to work harder and harder.

A sense of confidence flows from him like a sent, engulfing me in its sweet aroma. 

The first thing one would notice when looking at this man’s face, was how dumbly he would stare into space with no thought or imagination behind it. 

She is like a sister to me, when I imagine her, I think of a cartoon – always happy, always ready to play.

Her dark brown eyes peer through the ruffled hair in front of her face, exciting me beyond anything else. 

He is a man of low self esteem, yet he works harder in the face of failure than anyone else I know.

She is a wicked, wicked woman.

She is not ugly, nor beautiful, she is not thin, nor fat, she is not good, nor bad, she is just a normal person who blends into the background of a scene. 

His was a hairy man, some would say too hairy but the kindness beaming from his face always warms me and everyone around him.

I would like to tell you about a friend of mine, sadly anything I would be allowed to tell you wouldn’t make a good story.

---

And that was it. I hope you enjoyed. Wednesday's exercise will be "Record five minutes of a talk radio show. Write down the dialog and add narrative descriptions of the speakers and actions as if you were writing a scene." That should be fun. Obviously, I will write it as a screenplay, since I am interested in writing screenplays.

No comments:

Post a Comment